If it’s passed you by Comms Unplugged is an exciting new event and experience. There’s been sky-high interest in it and demand for info on how to get tickets. So here’s everything you need to know. But don’t hang around – tickets are on general sale NOW.
by Sally Northeast
There’s a real buzz around our unique comms event taking place in September – thanks for getting involved and spurring us on to make it happen.
We know you’re clamouring to find out more about tickets and we’ve been thinking long and hard about pricing and how we release the tickets.
So here’s the deal…
How many tickets are available?
There will 115 tickets available. This event is a first and we want it to be manageable and a bit special. In future it might grow (yes we’re already thinking ahead) but for now this feels right. Plus we’re booking a marquee for that number. There will also be the organising team and our lovely partners on top of that.
What and when?
- There are six ticket options
- Tickets range from two nights stays through to single day tickets
- Each person can buy up to four (4) tickets
- Please select the ticket which matches the sector you work in
- If you would like to carry your stay through to Sunday let us know – a small, additional charge to the camp site will apply
- Please note that the public sector rate includes government, local government, emergency services, housing, NHS, housing, charity and third sectors – agencies, consultants and freelancers should book the private sector tickets.
A number of us on the organising team either are or have been working in the public sector. We know budgets are super tight but also that learning, development and wellbeing is essential for us all right now.
So we have a pricing structure that gives our hard-pressed colleagues a fighting chance of being able to get it funded by their employer or, if not, fund it themselves.
Prices begin from just £89 per ticket.
Private sector prices are a little higher but they’re still highly competitive bearing in mind what’s included.
We’ve worked hard to make this a fantastic experience so here’s what’s included with your ticket:
- A wide choice of professional workshops and keynote speaker on Friday – from the most senior communicator in the NHS through to an inspirational business entrepeneur
- Wellbeing sessions and activities on Friday and, if you’re staying over, Saturday morning too – think pilates and woodland walks
- The opportunity to take part in an awesome Unplugged raffle with amazing prizes such as a 3 night break at the brilliant Bournemouth Beach Lodges
- Pitch fees for those who are camping
- For everyone: lunch and refreshments throughout Friday. For Thursday and Friday night campers – breakfast on Friday and Saturday and a fantastic open air feast on Friday night
- the fantastic tastes of freshly prepared paella and wood-fired pizza and the sounds of our talented musicians providing acoustic entertainment on Friday evening
- A fab bag of goodies to remind you of your Unplugged experience
- 10 CIPR CPD points
What’s not included in the price
- For those who arrive on Thursday afternoon we won’t be providing dinner that night. You can either self-cater at the campsite or try out one of the local hostelries in historic Corfe Castle village. We organisers are planning to eat at a local pub and you’d be very welcome to join us
- Transport from the station if you are arriving by train. We will arrange for a minibus or taxis but will make an additional charge for this. Please email us straight away if you want us to organise this for you
- Booze. You’re welcome to bring your own and we will also have a pop-up bar selling a range of drinks on-site on Friday night which will give it a real festival feel
Tickets are on general sale NOW.
You can pay by card or PayPal via the dedicated Eventbrite page (if you need to pay via invoice please email us at the address below and we will make this happen – but please note that we need really prompt payment as we have lots of people to pay up front. Thanks)
Take a look at our all-new website for more details.
We’re expecting a sell-out so please don’t hang around.
Comms Unplugged is going to be an amazing experience.
We’ll see you there.
Sally Northeast is an organiser of Comms Unplugged and deputy director of communications and participation for Dorset Healthcare
Comms Unplugged – is more experience than event and a retreat for comms people. Chat, listen and learn away from wifi and tech. With live music, food and an overnighter in a beautiful campsite in Dorset.
It’s not for profit and created by comms people for comms people.
image via the Dutch National Archive