A 3.5 day week at work because I took Thursday afternoon and Friday off and went to a play with my family.
1. What goals were met?
- the NHSX website launch! Testament to the power of making things open and investing in teams.
2. What inspired me this week?
- The first Leeds Accessibility meet-up. Great to see people from digital organisations in our city collaborating around this important topic.
- This post by Andy Callow: Work like it’s everyone’s last week? Very sorry we’re losing Andy, but great to know he’s moving on to greater things elsewhere in the NHS.
3. What connections did I make?
- I gave a presentation at the Royal Society of Medicine (slides here). Good questions and discussions. I was sorry not to be able to stay for the whole day.
- A good chat with someone on our internal NHS Digital leadership programme who might be able to help with the Digital Services Delivery profession that I lead.
4. What goals were set?
- We got clearer timelines and scope for the next wave of NHS Digital’s internal reorganisation.
- My director, Ian, asked me to pick up ownership of a couple of things from people who are leaving.
5. What do I need to take care of?
- Andy’s post, linked above, is a reminder of how important it is to let colleagues know that we value them for who they are and what they do. This will be especially important for those affected by the reorganisation over the next few months.