International Womens’ Day (IWD) is celebrated worldwide on 8 March. For 2020, the theme is about equality: “An equal world is an enabled world. How will you help forge a gender equal world? Celebrate women’s achievement. Raise awareness against bias. Take action for equality”.
To mark IWD at the Government Digital Service (GDS), we interviewed 9 people from across the organisation for March’s episode of the GDS Podcast. We asked 3 questions based on IWD’s theme:
- Which woman inspires you in digital government and why?
- Can you tell a story of gender equality in the workplace?
- What will you do this year to make GDS a better workplace for women?
We spoke to:
- Laura Flannery, Senior Product Manager
- Jennifer Marks, Digital Delivery Advisor
- Eliška Copland, Security Analyst
- Leena Taha, Senior Content Designer
- Jen Allum, Head of GOV.UK
- Joanna Blackburn, Deputy Director of Strategy and Engagement
- Charlotte Downs, Graphic Designer
- Liz Lutgendorff, Senior Research Analyst
- Sanwar Boparai, Executive Assistant
Hear their responses by listening to the GDS Podcast on IWD.
You can read a transcript of the podcast on Podbean.