The Institute for Government is currently inviting applications for an Events Officer, starting as soon as possible.
The events programme of the Institute is essential to our public profile. Rooted in the work programmes that the research team are working on, events are opportunities for us to discuss the themes of our work with other experts and senior decision-makers, and to communicate our messages to the media and wider public. All our events, whether in-person, hybrid or entirely online, are produced to a very high standard and often include high-profile speakers and audiences. Our events officers work with colleagues across the Institute to deliver our range of public events, roundtables, workshops and conferences.
As part of a four-person events team, within the wider communications team and reporting to the Director of Communications, you will:
- Support the design and co-ordination of the Institute’s programme of public and private events, workshops and roundtables
Manage all the logistics around timely and professional event organisation and delivery, including:
- Liaising with IfG colleagues and external speakers to agree dates and timings for events, helping to manage a busy and flexible diary
- Approaching external speakers for specific events as suggested by colleagues in the research and partnerships teams, and working closely with partners to deliver sponsored events
- Creating guest lists, sending out event invitations and managing RSVPs using the Institute’s CRM database
- Making all necessary catering and room set-up arrangements, including liaising with audio-visual support colleagues to ensure all an event’s AV needs are met
- Preparing briefing notes for internal and external speakers
- Greeting guests, assisting with registration and attending events to assist with delivery on the day (including working outside core hours)
- Capturing event analysis and updating records of attendance using CRM
- Help prepare for and deliver Institute events outside of London, including our party conference programme
- Share management of the busy events email inbox and deal with internal and external event enquiries
- Help to keep the events page of the Institute website up to date.
For full details, including a person specification, please read our job application pack.
This role could suit people with a wide range of different experiences. If you are interested in applying but are not sure you have all the skills or experience we are looking for, please do so and give us the opportunity to consider you as a candidate.
The Institute is committed to supporting greater diversity and inclusion within our workforce, and to fostering an environment in which everyone feels welcome and valued. We welcome applications from anyone who is interested in government and how to make it more effective, and particularly encourage applications from candidates who belong to groups currently underrepresented in the think-tank sector. This includes but is not limited to Black and ethnic minority candidates, disabled candidates, and candidates from low-income backgrounds.
The salary range for this role will be £30,000 to £35,000 (full time equivalent). Your starting salary will be based on skills and experience.
How to apply
To apply, please complete an online application. More details on this can be found in the job application pack.
The closing date for the online application is Monday 4 July 2022 at 11am.
We expect that shortlisted candidates will be invited for an online interview in the w/c 18 July, with second interviews held in-person shortly afterwards.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the role or the application process.